Carswell Media, a division of Thomson Reuters Canada Limited (“Carswell Media”)
Carswell Media terms and conditions outline
- Customer choices for order delivery and payments
- Conditions relating to automatic subscription renewal, returns and cancellations
- Other important information
These terms and conditions may vary in situations where special arrangements have been negotiated in writing (e.g. custom orders) by both parties, or Carswell Media is acting as distributor for another publisher’s product or service.
DELIVERY OF CUSTOMER’S INITIAL ORDER
- Standard Delivery
Our shipping team will select the carrier that provides the most efficient and economical delivery from our warehouse to the Customer’s door. For online services, passwords are delivered via email.
2. PAYING THE INVOICE
Full payment is due to Carswell Media within 30 days of the invoice date, unless otherwise noted on the invoice or agreed to in writing. A late payment fee of 1.5% per month may be charged on invoices beyond terms. Payment can be made by major credit card, cheque or money order.
3. CLAIMING NON-RECEIPT OF GOODS
Claims for missing material should be made within 30 days of the Customer receiving the next invoice or release. This includes receiving the subsequent material or Statement of Account showing an amount due for material not received. For online services, claims of non-receipt of user passwords should be received by Carswell Media within 30 days of contract signing.
OTHER IMPORTANT CONDITIONS
6.1. Limited Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- Carswell Media disclaims any representations, warranties or conditions, express or implied, including those of performance or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose with respect to the features and data. Carswell Media provides the features, forms and data “as is”, and does not warrant that the functions or that the operation or content will be:
- free from libelous content which is an invasion of privacy
- identical to the original source from which the data or features were obtained
- free from any software virus or other harmful component
- Carswell Media shall not be liable for any loss or injury arising out of or caused, in whole or in part, by its negligent acts or omissions in procuring, compiling, collecting, interpreting, reporting, communicating, or delivering the data.
- Carswell Media shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential, punitive or special damages of the Customer or of any third party claimed against the Customer, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits or revenue or failure to realize expected savings, however derived.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this agreement or any statute or rule of law to the contrary, subject to section C above, the cumulative liability of Carswell Media for all claims arising out of or in connection with this agreement and any schedules attached hereto, whether directly or indirectly, including, without limitation, from or in connection with the licence, use or improper functioning of the features and/or data shall not exceed all fees paid to Carswell Media by the Customer for access to any of its online services pursuant to the associated agreement. The expression “Carswell Media” in this section shall be deemed to include any licensors or third-party suppliers to Carswell Media of data, and all gateway providers of data through Carswell Media to the Customer.
6.2. Publishing disclaimer
Products and services are designed to provide accurate and authoritative information but with the understanding that Carswell Media is not engaged in rendering legal, accounting or other professional advice. If legal advice or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Copyright © Carswell Media a division of Thomson Reuters Canada Limited or its licensors in all products and services provided by Carswell Media. Reproduction in whole or in part of any Carswell Media product or service, regardless of publishing format, is strictly prohibited. Reproduction, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, except as specified in the product Licence Agreement, constitutes copyright infringement without the prior written permission of the Publisher. Copyright is vigorously protected. Carswell Media is committed to continuing its partnership with the professional community in promoting access to Carswell Media products.
All pricing information related to this agreement is confidential pricing information of Carswell Media. Customer agrees that disclosure of any pricing information related to this agreement would cause immediate harm to Carswell Media. Thus Customer agrees to keep all such pricing information confidential, and Customer will take all reasonable precautions against any disclosure of such pricing information to any third person.
Access to online services is provided subject to a Licence Agreement which is available for viewing on the related product website. “Customer” in these terms & conditions is “Subscriber” or “User’ in the Licence Agreement.
With effect after the expiry of the notice to the Customer (which shall be deemed to have been given by Carswell Media upon posting online on www.Carswell Media.com or any other general or product specific website of Carswell Media), Carswell Media may amend these Terms and Conditions, other than with respect to price, during any Term of the contract, by giving at least 30 days prior notice of the amended Terms and Conditions to the Customers in writing or online, subject to the Customer’s termination rights below. Customer may terminate this Agreement immediately upon giving written notice to Carswell Media within 30 days of being deemed to have received notice from Carswell Media of amended Terms and Conditions. Any other amendment must be in writing and signed by both Carswell Media and the Customer.